Temp to Perm
$14.00 - $17.00
PeopleReady is hiring immediately for Marine Painters and Powertoolers.
A shipyard painter works to prepare, paint, or repaint the surfaces of marine vessels and equipment. … You may prep surfaces, apply paint, or remove previous colors from wood, fiberglass, or metal. Other preparation responsibilities may involve mixing paint to required specifications.
Please call 757-230-2866 to speak with a recruiter today!
Skilled Trades Recruiter: Deisy Bautista
- Weekly Pay
- SSPC Certified $18.00 - $28.00
- Brush and Roll painters up to $17.00
- Prepares wood, fiberglass, and metal surfaces for painting, and paints parts, equipment, interiors, and exteriors of ships, boats, and shipyard and marina buildings, using brushes, spray guns, and rollers: Mixes solvents according to formula, and immerses parts in solution or washes surfaces to remove grease, rust, scale, and dirt.
- Burns off old paint, using blowtorch.
- Fills cracks and holes with patching plaster, putty, or plastic wood.
- Washes and treats surfaces with oil, turpentine, and other preparations.
- Brushes and rubs filler material into grained wood to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Mixes and matches colors of paint, varnish, stain, shellac, and calcimine.
- Operates spray painting equipment or brushes or rolls paint on surfaces.
- Sands surfaces between coats and polishes final coat to specified finish.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 2 Year shipyard experience
- Must be able to pass a background check to gain access to all local Naval bases.
- Must be willing to work overtime
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.