Temp to Perm
$24.00 - $28.00
Master, 1st, 2nd and 3rd class levels are based on proficiency, knowledge, skills and abilities. Ability to perform all types of welding using various processes. This will include; Oxyacetylene, Metallic Arc, Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) and Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding. Ensures that yard safety rules and regulations are carried out. Carries out other duties as assigned by the shop supervisor for the following shops;
Duties and responsibilities
1. Ability to complete the Welding process and make adjustments to the welding apparatus depending on the type of weld being performed.
2. Ability to regulate gas pressure, select the proper torch tip, pre and post heat as required and weld butt, lap, fillet joints in flat, vertical and over head positions.
3. Complete welds on mild steel, carbon steel, cast iron, copper, and their alloys by fusion and adhesion, as well as braze and solder ferrous and non ferrous metals.
4. Ability to use jigs, clamps and positioners as well as select electrode.
5. Receive job assignments from supervisor and carries out assignments as directed.
6. Required to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
7. Must be able to speak to others to convey information effectively so that the job can be completed in the manner it should be.
8. Needs to have the ability to keep hand and arm steady while moving the arm or while holding the hand in one position.
9. Have the ability to see details at close range while he/she is doing his/her job functions.
10. Must have the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
11. Be able to quickly move the hand, the hand together with the arm, or two hands to grasps, manipulate, or assemble objects.
12. Have the ability to make precise coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
13. Must be able to perform 6G6 “steel pipe, stainless steel pipe 6G, aluminum plate, flux core plate
14. Must be certified in three position A361/2” plate by stick.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have extensive repair experience
- Must be able to perform 6G6 “steel pipe, stainless steel pipe 6G, aluminum plate, flux core plate
Other Jobs in Your Area
Marine ElectricianNorfolk, Virginia
Marine PipefitterNorfolk, Virginia
Production SchedulerNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Painter SSPCNORFOLK, Virginia
Rigger HelperNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine Pipe WelderNorfolk, Virginia
Painter and PowertoolerNorfolk, Virginia
Outside MachinistNorfolk, Virginia
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.