Temp to Perm
$22.00 - $27.00
A pipefitter lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems, applying knowledge of system operation, and following blueprints: selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, for example, supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
PeopleReady is hiring Pipefitters for direct-hire positions for a shipyard contractor in Norfolk.
- Direct Hire
- Pay ranges from $24.00 - $27.00 for 1st Class
- Hiring 1st - 3rd Class
- Layout, fabricates, assemble, install and maintain piping, piping systems, fixtures and equipment.
- Works with steam, water, air, fuel, lube oil, sea water, and various chemicals.
- Assembles piping by means of welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, threading and bolting. Cuts and bores holes in structures, decks, bulkheads, walls, mains using torch, hand and power tools.
- Inspects, examines and tests piping with hydrostatic, air, visual and other methods.
- Ability to use and Knowledge of equipment types Rectifier welding machines Portable gas welders Oxygen-Acetylene torches Ability to use and Knowledge of welding methods SMAW -Stick Metal Arc Weld MIG -Metal Inert Gas semi automatic TIG -Tungsten Inert Gas
- Ability to use and Knowledge of metals Steel pipe; all types including stainless Aluminum Pipe; all alloys Copper to CUNI pipe Monel; all alloys Copper - nickel pipe
- 401(k) 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift Day shift Monday to Friday Overtime Work
Location: One location
1. Minimum 2 years experience in ship repair.
2. Reliable transportation.
3. Must have a good attendance record along with being a team player.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 4 years of verifiable experience
- Proficient in blueprint reading
Other Jobs in Your Area
Sheetmetal MechanicNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine Structural WelderNorfolk, Virginia
Marine ElectricianNorfolk, Virginia
Outside MachinistNorfolk, Virginia
Marine PipefitterNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine Insulator or LaggerNORFOLK, Virginia
Skilled Laborers and FirewatchNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Structural WelderNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine CarpenterNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine Sand Blaster w/ ClearanceNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine Painter w/ ClearanceNORFOLK, Virginia
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.