Blaster must possess knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to provide surface preparation and application of high performance coatings for the purpose of preserving naval vessels and their components. In addition, the contractor shall be responsible for the employment of trained and technically qualified personnel to perform task orders to include personnel maintaining the following certifications for accomplishing preservation operations defined as critical coated areas (refer to NAVSEA Standard Item (NSI) 009-32).
- Direct Hire
- $149 per dem + lodging
- Job in Beautiful Hawaii
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 184.108.40.206 Various types of surface preparation using solvents, acids, detergents, power and hand tools, electronic controlled automatic plate blasting equipment, etc., in preparing for the application of high performance coatings on multiple types of surfaces including aluminum, steel, stainless steel, brass and plastics.
- 220.127.116.11 Must protect all equipment and surfaces from dust, paint, and damage utilizing the proper protection methods and materials prior to beginning cleaning and painting operations. Apply appropriate fillers to, and/or feathers, rough surfaces prior to painting in order to obtain a smooth surface as a finished product.
- Ensure the proper mixture of all materials being applied and utilizes the appropriate procedures, methods of application, and tools and equipment.
- Must be familiar with the qualities of each coating being applied in order to lay a smooth and impermeable film with no pin holes, free of entrapped solvents and dry spray and at the proper thickness required.
- Occasionally a painter is required to work over the side, work from floating equipment, and to utilize mobile equipment such as man lifts and forklifts.
Qualifications & Experience
- Government Security Clearance Required
- Blasters shall be certified in accordance with SSPC C-7 or NAVSEA-approved equivalent. For equivalent certifications, a copy of the NAVSEA approval letter shall be maintained by the repair activity.
- Blasters performing Ultra-High Pressure water jetting shall be certified in accordance with SSPC C-13 or NAVSEA-approved equivalent. For equivalent certifications, a copy of the NAVEA approval letter shall be maintained by the repair activity.
- The contractor shall comply with the latest revision of NSI 009-32 and associated references for the above certifications in effect at solicitation closing and when each option year is invoked.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Sheetmetal MechanicNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine Structural WelderNorfolk, Virginia
Marine ElectricianNorfolk, Virginia
Outside MachinistNorfolk, Virginia
Marine PipefitterNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine Insulator or LaggerNORFOLK, Virginia
Skilled Laborers and FirewatchNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Structural WelderNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine CarpenterNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine Sand Blaster w/ ClearanceNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine Painter w/ ClearanceNORFOLK, Virginia
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.