Temp to Perm
$25.00 - $27.00
Using welding/cutting equipment and various power and hand tools, the welder performs a variety of shop and shipboard welding trade functions. These functions include the repair and/or removal of old structural materials; the installation of new structural materials and complete fabrication of complex structural, mechanical and equipment foundations. Works under direct supervision and performs related work as required.
- Weekly Pay
- Overtime Possible
- Great Pay
- Long- Term Contract with large government contractor
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Applies basic welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials;
- Qualified in basic Shielded Metal Arc (SMAW) for various combinations of steel in all positions, Gas Metal Arc (GMAW) for aluminum (spray and pulsed transfer), Gas Tungsten Arc (GTAW) for steel or CUNI, NICU, Inconel and various dissimilar metal combinations for pipe welding
- Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, and specification requirements to determine materials and construction process required to fabricate component parts to develop a complete unit as designed;
- May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides, and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools;
- Knowledge of the processes and procedures necessary for the proper removal of old equipment and foundations with minimal damage to surrounding materials.
- Maintain certification in the welding procedure(s) as required by Quality Assurance Manager.
- Fill out Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) forms
- Follow Quality Assurance welding procedures
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures;
- Participates in special projects as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Typically requires 5-10 years related experience.
- High School Diploma or GED, plus technical/vocational training or the equivalent combination;
- Experience working in the marine welding/fitter trade gained through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of welding standards of SMAW, GMAW, GTAW and/or FCAW welding procedures.
- Skill to make complete penetration and complete fusion welds.
- Read and understand blueprints and specifications.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Electrical HelperNorfolk, Virginia
Commercial ElectricianNorfolk, Virginia
Heavy Equipment OperatorNorfolk, Virginia
Sheetmetal MechanicNorfolk, Virginia
Skilled Laborers and FirewatchNorfolk, Virginia
Structural Supervisor – ShipyardNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Insulator or LaggerNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine PipefitterNorfolk, Virginia
Outside MachinistNorfolk, Virginia
Marine ElectricianNorfolk, Virginia
QA InspectorNorfolk, Virginia
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.