Temp to Perm
$17.00 - $22.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is looking to find driven Mechanical Laborers who can perform planned maintenance and service calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform planned maintenance and service calls properly, and on-call. This may include and is not limited to inspecting, adjusting, lubing or replacing the following: chains and sprockets, pulleys and rollers, motors and gearboxes, belts, belt or chain take-ups, carrying rollers and snubber rollers, sensors and reflectors, regulators, sortation devices, pneumatic brakes, filters and stops, safety switches, frames and guide rails
- Maintain a professional manner to guarantee a professional image for our company.
- Perform on-site technical work when required and assist others when necessary. Provide a detailed and complete service report.
- Accept Jobs as assigned. Once assigned take ownership of the job.
- Preview calendar, and Job tickets assigned by office in advance before the day of the assignment.
- Identify what is needed for the job, and make sure you are prepared for the assignment.
- Communicate back to the office any questions you may have to be prepared for the assignment. Accept new duties and responsibilities when assigned.
- As needed, provide technical support for customers, technicians, and sub-contractors.
- Work in-conjunction with other on-site technicians, sub-contractors and other trades.
- Complete all documentation and get all proper signatures and authorizations required per company policy.
- Submit parts usage per job, so to maintain accurate truck, CSI warehouse and/or customer inventory levels.
Maintain communication with Project Manager and Sales throughout project, which may include:
- -equipment resolutions, modifications, shipping errors, etc.
Maintain safety standards/protocols throughout all projects, which will include:
- -safety training of temporary help.
- -ensuring other sub-contractors are following safety protocols
- -obtains all necessary sign off’s that subcontractors have reviewed safety protocols
- -Coordinate with Customer’s onsite primary point of contact for all installation phases.
- -Maintain good customer relationship throughout entire project.
- -Operate fork trucks, scissor lifts, and rental equipment as needed for project installation.
- -Verify equipment on site matches to Bills of Ladings
- -Site housekeeping always maintained- verify with customer their specifications
Qualifications & Experience
- Education and Experience Required:
- HS Diploma
- Trade School with Mechanical background, a plus
- Mechanical Installation 5+ years, not required but a plus
- Field Service minimum 2 years
- Welder certification, a plus
- Certifications / Licenses:
- Valid drivers license
- 10 hour OSHA certification, desired
- Fork Truck certification, desired
- Technical / Computer Skills:
- Basic computer knowledge, Microsoft software, AutoCAD viewer
- Read technical/installation drawings/schematics
- Operate a meter and tachometer
- Environmental / Physical Factors:
- This position works primarily in a typical warehouse and industrial environment.
- This position requires ability to lift 25 - 75 lbs. individually
- Able to move 150 lbs in a safe manner
- Ability to work On Call 24 / 7
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.