Elon, North Carolina
$22.00 - $25.00
Fabricates and assembles related equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling and processing systems. Mostly using copper, PVC and cast iron. Must have welding (MIG) experience and be able to produce presentable welds.
Shifts are usually five 8 hour days, starting at 7am with 45 lunch break. During busy times can move to four 10 hour and one 8 hour day on Friday’s.
· Works according to layout and plans sequence of operations.
· Positions, aligns, fits, and welds, bolts, hammers or otherwise puts together parts.
· Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications.
· Fabricates and assembles products.
· Holds, positions, and reads tape to assist in layout.
· Places and moves equipment and materials.
· Positions and turns clamps; screws, bolts, and hammers parts together; uses tools and equipment properly and only if certified (as required).
· Complies with company policies and procedures, especially safety rules.
· Frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear.
· Operates forklift to load, unload, lift/haul material.
· Has full knowledge and understanding of ‘Shop Spool Books’.
· Has excellent communication skills and able to work in a team atmosphere.
· Able to multitask and maintain work efficiency.
· Learn to operate shop equipment and tools safely.
· Must manage a clean and organized work environment.
· Clean Driving record and ability to operate company vehicle is preferred.
· Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a consistent basis.
· Able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience reading and understanding blue prints.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.