Monroe, North Carolina
$15.00 - $25.00
Start engines, move throttles, switches, or levers, or depress pedals to operate machines, such as bulldozers, trench excavators, road graders, or backhoes.
Locate underground services, such as pipes or wires, prior to beginning work.
Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, or other materials, using trucks, crawler tractors, power cranes, shovels, graders, or related equipment.
Operate tractors or bulldozers to perform such tasks as clearing land, mixing sludge, trimming backfills, or building roadways or parking lots.
Adjust handwheels and depress pedals to control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, or swing booms.
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects.
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
- Talk to clients and study instructions, plans, or diagrams to establish work requirements.
- Align machines, cutterheads, or depth gauge makers with reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment, following hand signals of other workers.
- Learn and follow safety regulations.
Qualifications & Experience
- Possess a valid certification and minimum five years' experience with heavy construction equipment and trucks and/or three years performing maintenance on heavy equipment
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, diesel engines, electronics, electronics, and Department of Transportation regulations
- Valid driver’s license
- Tools of the trade and ability to bring them to the jobsite
- References to verify the professional skills and experience you bring to the team
- Able to occasionally lift and move more than 50 pounds and remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Some Heavy Equipment Operator assignments require additional screening, such as background checks or drug screens
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.