$17.00 - $21.00
Do you love being engaged in many tasks in a versatile occupation? Are you passionate about the idea of building things with your own hands? We are looking for an Apprentice Carpenter. You will assist Journeyman Carpenters with a variety of construction projects.
PeopleReady Skilled Trades offers a wide range of employee benefit options to choose from that include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, short-term disability, critical illness, accident, hospital indemnity and more.
- Cutting materials using different tools without errors
- Assisting experienced carpenters with drop ceilings, demolition, installing fixtures and hardware, construction clean up, etc.
- Reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
- Placing and securing wood during the building process
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
Qualifications & Experience
- One year of experience in residential or commercial carpentry preferred
- Basic math skills - addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- OSHA 10 preferred - please contact your local branch about how we can provide you with OSHA training
- Scissor Lift Certification helpful but not required
- Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds in order to load and unload wood and other materials as well as carry needed tools and materials to and from the jobsite
- Take pride in your strong work ethic, positive mindset, and desire to improve
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.