Outside MachinistJacksonville, Florida
Temp to Perm
$24.00 - $27.00
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Outside Machinist to join our team at the shipyard. As an Outside Machinist, you will be responsible for performing maintenance, repair, and overhaul of machinery and equipment on ships and other vessels.
Work with large government contractor with a chance to be hired on directly.
Reach out to our Skilled Marine Team at 757-230-2866
- Open, inspect, and repair components of submarine sea water, hydraulic, and diesel systems.
- Remove, inspect, and repair various components (periscope, masts, and antennas) of submarine sail.
- Perform repair and restoration on fat or thin-line system.
- Perform repair and restoration work on propulsion shaft, shaft couplings or vibration reducers.
- Remove, inspect and repair various fairwater, stern plane, and/or steering & diving system components.
- Remove, repair, overhaul, install and align equipment associated with auxiliary systems such as condensers, compressors, pumps, forced draft blowers, main feed pumps and various types of valves.
- Install and repair foundations for operating machinery and principal structures/components of ship’s armament.
- Install, adjust, set, and repair or replace various control/regulating or safety devices such as meters, gauges, valves, governors and automatic alarms.
- Use various portable and fixed machine tools such as boring bars, milling machines, facing machines and drill presses.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years Outside Machinist experience, preferably in repair yards
- Must be qualified to use typical trade related precision measurement instruments such as height gauges, depth gauges, calipers, Vernier scales, and various types of micrometers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- If you are a highly skilled and motivated Outside Machinist with a passion for the marine industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you! 757-230-2866
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.