Temp to Perm
$20.00 - $23.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is seeking an experienced painter for positions throughout the Portland Metro area.
Professional painters begin by preparing surfaces for painting. This may require removing old paint, filling holes, and washing walls. Sandpaper, wire brushes, scrapers, and abrasive blasting may be used to prepare surfaces. The Painter fills holes and divots with putty, plaster, or caulk, and then ensures that surfaces are not susceptible to moisture by sealing cracks and corners where building materials meet.
· Painting commercial and residential, interior and exterior surrounding areas
· Knowledge of brush and roll techniques
· Ability to work within structures that have been repaired from fire, mold damage, and storm damage
· Prepare various surfaces and correctly mix, match, and apply paint
Qualifications & Experience
- • Must be at least 18 years of age with a valid ID
- • Have two years of commercial/residential painting experience required
- • Must have reliable transportation to and from different sites
- • Experience with interior and exterior painting
- • Tools of the trade to bring to the Jobsite
- • References to verify your professional skills and experience
- • Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- • Able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time and able to lift and move 20 pounds
- • Must be able to pass additional screenings required by the customer.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Project ManagerPORTLAND, Oregon
Workforce Development Carpenter Helper ClassPORTLAND, Oregon
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.