$28.00 - $35.00
PeopleReady is now hiring Painters who can bring a positive attitude and professional flair to the jobsite.
Why work for us? We offer competitive pay, benefits and incentives.
Referral Bonuses see below!
• $100 for a helper
• $250 for an apprentice
• $500 for a journey level
- Applying various finishes to equipment, buildings, bridges, or other structures
- Applying primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats
- Mixing colors or oils to obtain desired color or consistency
- Fill cracks, holes, or joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Cover surfaces with dropcloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Smooth surfaces, using sandpaper, scrapers, brushes, steel wool, or sanding machines.
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors or homeowners to determine work requirements.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, or other finishes to equipment, buildings, bridges, or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Erect scaffolding or swing gates, or set up ladders, to work above ground level.
- Mix and match colors of paint, stain, or varnish with oil or thinning and drying additives to obtain desired colors and consistencies.
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements or work orders.
- Polish final coats to specified finishes.
- Wash and treat surfaces with oil, turpentine, mildew remover, or other preparations, and sand rough spots to ensure that finishes will adhere properly.
- Select and purchase tools or finishes for surfaces to be covered, considering durability, ease of handling, methods of application, and customers' wishes.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water or abrasive blasting.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, door knobs, lamps, or electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Use special finishing techniques such as sponging, ragging, layering, or faux finishing.
- Cut stencils and brush or spray lettering or decorations on surfaces.
- Waterproof buildings, using waterproofers or caulking
Qualifications & Experience
- - Minimum 1 year experience in painting
- - Experience with interior and exterior painting
- - Reliable transportation to and from different jobsites
- - Tools of the trade and the ability to bring them to the jobsite
- - References to verify your professional skills and experiences
- - Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- - Able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time and able to occasionally lift and move 20 pounds
- - Must be able to work in the U.S.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.