$15.00 - $28.00
PeopleReady is hiring immediately for Marine Painters and Powertoolers.
A shipyard painter and powertooler works to prepare, paint, or repaint the surfaces of marine vessels and equipment. You may prep surfaces, apply paint, or remove previous colors from wood, fiberglass, or metal. Other preparation responsibilities may involve mixing paint to required specifications.
- Weekly Pay
- $14 - $16/ hour Depending on experience
- Prepares wood, fiberglass, and metal surfaces for painting, and paints parts, equipment, interiors, and exteriors of ships, boats, and shipyard and marina buildings, using brushes, spray guns, and rollers: Mixes solvents according to formula, and immerses parts in solution or washes surfaces to remove grease, rust, scale, and dirt.
- Burns off old paint, using blowtorch.
- Fills cracks and holes with patching plaster, putty, or plastic wood.
- Washes and treats surfaces with oil, turpentine, and other preparations.
- Brushes and rubs filler material into grained wood to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Mixes and matches colors of paint, varnish, stain, shellac, and calcimine.
- Operates spray painting equipment or brushes or rolls paint on surfaces.
- Sands surfaces between coats and polishes final coat to specified finish.
Qualifications & Experience
- 1 year min experience required
- Verifiable work history
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.