Baton rouge, Louisiana
$24.00 - $37.00
Pipefitters layout, craft, install and maintain pipe systems, supports, and related hydraulic or pneumatic equipment.
Essentially, a Pipefitter is a person responsible for maintaining piping and plumbing systems for our clients.
These systems might be used to transport liquids, such as water, chemicals, or gases.
Pipefitters find employment in a variety of fields, including manufacturing, petroleum production, brewing, and more. As a Pipefitter, you could work in a nuclear power plant or in a soda factory. The opportunities are plentiful for someone with the right training and certification experience.
- Cutting, threading, or hammering pipes using various power and hand tools
- Measuring and marking pipes for cutting or threading
- Cutting or boring holes in structures
- Drawing layouts to scale while studying blueprints and following relevant codes
- Troubleshooting problems
- Inspecting, examining, or testing installed systems or pipelines
- Bolting & unbolting flanges while ensuring proper placement & fit
- Using various tools to connect & repair systems
Qualifications & Experience
- - Minimum 2 years' experience in the Industrial construction industry preferred
- - A deep understanding of state and local building codes
- - Tools of the trade and the ability to bring them to job sites
- - Strong work ethic with a positive and calm mindset
- - References to verify your professional skills and experience
- - Able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time and to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- - Some Pipefitter assignments have additional requirements, such as a particular license
- - Valid OSHA Basic Plus, TWIC, NCCER, or others may be required for various Projects
- Able to work full time and overtime if needed
- Able to start as soon as possible
- Willing to submit to a drug test
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.