Syracuse, New York
Temp to Perm
$17.00 - $17.50
The work performed includes, construction of new brick linings and new castable Precast Refractory Shapes, Demolition Services, Thermal Curing and complete rebuilds of a primary industrial furnaces.
- Tends portable concrete-mixing machine and handcasts ornamental and structural concrete building products, such as blocks & colored tile.
- Shovels sand, cement, gravel, or pumice into mixing machine. Adds water and pigments as instructed and starts machine.
- Places molds on vibrating table, shovels mix into molds, level surface, enter into curing racks.
- Shovels mix into molds and sets reinforcing steel rods into mix to cast fireplace.
- Removes forms after blocks are cured by releasing clamps or disassembling mold.
Qualifications & Experience
- Driver's License (Required)
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Concrete pipe and/or block/brick machine manufacturing experience is a plus
- Knowledge of basic math and measurements
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs periodically throughout the day
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.