Temp to Perm
$ - $28.00
Temporary to Permanent positions open for residential service plumbers from all skill levels. Did you just recently complete trade school and are looking for working experience that pays? Do you have handyman experience and knowledge and are interested in learning more and growing your skill level? Our client is looking for reliable, dependable tradesman who appreciate flexible scheduling and are looking to learn and grow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Perform safety inspections and stay current on state and local plumbing codes and changes.
- Responsible for plumbing projects at new construction site, maintaining pipes, fixtures.
- Requisitions materials necessary for work orders and estimates time and materials costs on plumbing projects.
- Develops, oversees and continually refine plumbing preventative maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot plumbing system; diagnose / analyze / repair plumbing as necessary.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repair and service.
- Works from technical manuals, troubleshoot, and make repairs.
- Follow all safety, policy and procedures; reports any safety hazards.
- Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials.
- Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids.
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Drain Cleaning, Hydro-Jetting, Sewer line repair, slab leak repair, re-piping, leak detection, faucet repair & installation, toilet repair, water filtration systems, water softener installation, water heaters, tankless water heaters
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in plumbing field that is directly related to duties and responsibilities specified
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Advanced knowledge of plumbing safety practices
- Must be able to read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems, water supply and drainage systems
- Critical thinking, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge and experience providing effective customer service
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials.
- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Ability to work in tiring and uncomfortable positions, around gas lines, around fumes and toxic chemicals, outside and inside.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Ability to keep hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- The ability to listen to, understand, and communicate information and ideas through spoken words and sentences.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Skilled Laborers in ConstructionSARASOTA, Florida
Residential Service Plumbers – All Skill LevelsSARASOTA, Florida
All Levels and Experience CarpentersSarasota, Florida
Plumbing Service DispatcherSARASOTA, Florida
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.