$17.00 - $28.00
PeopleReady is hiring for Rigger Helpers for Nassco-Norfolk yard.
PeopleReady is hiring for Riggers for multiple government contractors in the Hampton Roads Area. All Levels are being considers for hire.
- Set up and break down equipment, including helping Journeymen run hoses; operate power tools; clean the work area and properly dispose of garbage, scrap and other material.
- In the applicable departments, must be able to ensure that a Work Authorization Form (WAF) ticket is on the job site and that it is for the specific job being accomplished. Must ensure that no work will be accomplished without a WAF posted at location of repairs.
- Accomplish the semi-skilled functions within the trade.
- Check out, deliver, return and properly care for the required material and tools used in the trade.
- Identify and use the equipment and tools used in the trade.
- Perform preventive maintenance on shop machinery and equipment used in the employee’s trade, such as lubricating machinery, checking fluid levels in equipment or making minor adjustments as directed.
- Organize, arrange and maintain order in stockrooms and other material staging areas.
- Ensure that you are trained or qualified for the work you are assigned to accomplish.
- Ensure that you are working as safely and as productively as possible, maintaining quality control at all times.
- Must have good housekeeping skills and be able to maintain a clean, hazard-free work environment and to ensure that job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be able to follow established policies and procedures, including but not limited to time keeping procedures.
- Must be fully aware of emergency and evacuation procedures, to include muster locations and the supervisors’ requirement to account for their personnel.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must be able to perform job safely.
- Must be able to recognize and avoid potential safety hazards.
- Must know what personal protective equipment (PPE) to use and when.
- Must be able to navigate a ship and understand compartment designation, where applicable.
- Must have basic knowledge of math.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Painter and PowertoolerNorfolk, Virginia
Sheetmetal MechanicNorfolk, Virginia
Marine PipefitterNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Structural WelderNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine ElectricianNorfolk, Virginia
Outside MachinistNorfolk, Virginia
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.