Baton Rouge, Louisiana
$16.00 - $20.00
A rod buster uses machines, equipment, tools and blowtorches to shape steel rods for use in concrete projects. In this role, you must understand the construction process and how rods reinforce concrete foundation or framing. You order the correct number of rods and mesh for placement, cut the iron into pieces, wrap them in mesh and fasten them to concrete forms.
- Position and secure steel bars or mesh in concrete forms in order to reinforce concrete. Use a variety of fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, and hand tools. Includes rod busters.
- Handling and Moving Objects - Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material - Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
- Performing General Physical Activities - Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of four years experience as a Rod Buster within the construction industry.
- Experience working with a variety of tools needed to preform Rod Busting duties.
- Willing to provide work references.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.