Social Circle, Georgia
Temp to Perm
$26.00 - $29.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades has a valued customer seeking an experienced Safety Manager for a 1 year project in Social Circle, GA.
The Safety Manager will provide a broad range of hands on support and services in all functional areas relating to safety including: safety trainings, inspections and investigations. Position will actively engage and partner with Field Superintendents, Field staff, Project Managers and Human Resources to sustain a safety culture that promotes a safe work place and complies with all applicable Federal, State, and Local regulatory requirements.
- Maintain the Behavior Based Safety philosophy onsite
· Reviews pre job set-up, job site inspections, along with all equipment, vehicle, personal protective equipment, (PPE) MSDS, fire and electrical safety, EPA and first aid requirements
· Conduct regular project safety inspections/audits and submit all required documentation
· Review weekly tool box training sheets
· Administer and ensure training policy compliance at the unit level.
· Investigate work related accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
· Report or review findings from accident investigations and jobsite inspections.
· Maintain & apply knowledge of current safety policies, regulations, and operational processes.
· Conduct meetings with supervisors and employees to discuss such points as the standards, cited violations, lessons learned, and potential hazards and to resolve disputes regarding occupational safety issues.
· Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential):
- • Bachelor's degree in construction related field – or equivalent experience
- • Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages including Microsoft Office Suite
- • Knowledge of safety-related practices and procedures
- • General knowledge in the areas of Workers Compensation, DOT, EPA
- • Strong knowledge of safety technical subjects, including OSHA regulations
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Desirable):
- Key Competencies:
- • Superb communication skills, including Spanish (desired), where applicable
- • Sound problem assessment and problem-solving skills
- • Sound judgment and ability to make decisions
- • Well organized; Adept at planning work and managing time
- • Extreme attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- • Integrity and Adaptability
- • Willingness to learn
- • Teamwork and collaboration
- • Comfortable with heights and climbing ladders
- Occupational Health and Safety:
- • Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control
- • Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety
- • Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace
- Working Conditions:
- Physical surroundings: Exposure to noise and temperature; Construction and Roofing Project sites with accompanying machinery, equipment, and materials
- Physical Effort: Extensive sitting, standing, walking, climbing ladders. Occasional lifting not to exceed 50 pounds
- Travel: Occasional
- Hours: Subject to overtime
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.