Temp to Perm
$28.00 - $31.00
PeopleReady is hiring a Shipyard Scheduler to work with a large government contractor at PSNS in Bremerton. The Scheduler is responsible for producing critical path resource loaded production schedules, as well as integration of production schedule with Assist Integration Teams (AIT) and Subcontractors. The Scheduler will also develop and provide production reports to the management team.
- Provides Flat File copies of multi-craft, integrated schedules on a pre-determined schedule to the Trades and Production departments, as well as to the customer for advance planning and execution projects.
- Provides schedule insight during the planning and execution phases of all projects and incorporates changes in work schedule or scope to the overall project.
- Attends/leads progress meetings on a pre-determined schedule.
- Produces Gantt, Pert, and manpower charts for submission both internally and externally.
- Understands delays/impacts to schedule.
- Follows Condition Found Report/Request for Contract Change (CFR/RCC’s) change management process.
- Compares submitted progress to actual work completion as seen in production areas and provides feedback to production and trades as to schedule adherence.
- Provides feedback to production and trades as to possible schedule impacts due to material or RCC delay.
- Provides schedules to material control to determine material needs by dates. Analyzes material requirements and impact on the integrated schedule to determine if work can be accomplished.
- Provides technical guidance to subcontractors for work definition, scheduling, and progressing.
- Assists Senior Scheduler in problem resolution, and determines difference between base line contract work, change order work and new work.
- Attends Production Support Review (PSR) and customer meetings as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Typically has a BA/BS in a related field, or AA/AS plus two (2) years’ directly related experience, or six (6) years’ directly related experience.
- Ship repair, overhaul and modernization processes and procedures.
- Repair and modernization Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) philosophy.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office products and technical proficient in the use of scheduling software.
- Must be proficient in activity definition, activity sequencing, critical path analysis, resource loading and resource leveling.
- Must possess strong ability to develop master plans and detailed tactical schedules.
- Must be familiar with Estimating, and Contractual methods and processes in a Government environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and a willingness to learn.
- Must be willing to travel and have reliable transportation. Must be a U.S. citizen and qualify for a Common Access Card (CAC) and a security clearance. Must have reliable record of attendance and punctuality and be available for overtime as required. Must be able to physically transit all areas of the facility. Regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects or controls, and to talk and hear. Must have good eye/hand coordination. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be familiar with working in a naval-ship-work-environment and be able to go aboard marine vessels and the drydock, climb ladders, work in tanks and confined spaces, and wear personal protective equipment. These areas can be dirty, dusty, hot or cold, and noisy.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Marine PipefitterBremerton, Washington
Sheet Metal MechanicBremerton, Washington
Marine Structural WelderBremerton, Washington
Skilled Laborers and FirewatchBremerton, Washington
Quality Assurance Administrative AssistantBREMERTON, Washington
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.