Charlotte, North Carolina
Temp to Perm
$25.00 - $40.00
The Commercial Dock & Door Service Professional will be responsible for inspecting, servicing, troubleshooting, installing, and repairing various industrial equipment.
- Perform routine proactive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot industrial equipment, mechanisms, mechanical systems and electrical circuits.
- Perform service, maintenance, repair and installation on Commercial Doors, Loading Docks and general warehouse equipment.
- Provide information and recommend services to the Sales team.
- Manage work orders (paper and digital) for each job in a timely manner.
- Perform hazard assessments and maintain a high standard of safe work practices and quality control.
- Follow company and OSHA safety rules and guidelines. Avoid injuries and damage to property, loss of unused materials and clean-up of work area debris.
- Completes all necessary company training in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have experience with Repair and Maintenance of one or more of the following:
- 1. Warehouse and Commercial Doors,
- 2. Loading Docks, Dock-levelers,
- 3. Other related warehouse and industrial equipment.
- Experience highly preferred in welding, steel fabrication and electrical work.
- Experience in Mechanical, Commercial, and Industrial Maintenance.
- Experience with Hydraulics and Pneumatics is preferred but not required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, technology driven, service environment.
- Follows all safety procedures in performing work, as well as company policies.
- Able to work without supervision. Occasionally, will work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with diverse needs and across remote offices.
- Complete service reports, time-cards and parts ordering.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Technical school training and OEM certification a plus. Examples of training would include: AAADM; Rytec; Entrematic; etc.
- Must have schedule flexibility, as services may be performed during evenings, weekends or holidays (most normal shifts M-F, 7:00a – 5:00p).
- Ability to work overtime.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must have a valid state issued Driver’s License with a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) driving record acceptable to insurance carrier.
- Must be able to pass a standard Department of Transportation (DOT) physical.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Dock and Door TechnicianCharlotte, North Carolina
Commercial PlumberCharlotte, North Carolina
Skilled Trades PositionsCharlotte, North Carolina
HVAC Sheet Metal Installer – UP TO $26/HOUR!Charlotte, North Carolina
Commercial Electrician up to $27Charlotte, North Carolina
Commercial Carpenter up to $26Charlotte, North Carolina
CarpenterCharlotte, North Carolina
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.