Shipping and Receiving ClerkTALLAHASSEE, Florida
Temp to Perm
We are seeking a detail-oriented and organized Shipping and Receiving Clerk to oversee the daily operations of our shipping and receiving department. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing incoming and outgoing shipments, maintaining accurate records of inventory, and ensuring timely and efficient delivery of products.
- Experience performing receiving, warehousing, storage, kitting, packaging and shipping of production and customer materials.
- Knowledge and use of the GDLS computerized Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP II) system.
- Responsible for material logistics of reorder point (bulk issue) materials and bulk wire storage.
- Coordinate production line shortages and vendor return activities through operations planning ; control, material acquisition and manufacturing groups.
- Perform all aspects of supply handling, MRP transactions, materials process development, warehousing, reporting, material handling
- equipment and maintenance, non-conforming material, kiting, expediting, management of government furnished material and equipment, staging, hazardous materials handling, etc.
- Handle bulk material and large items utilizing stackers and forklifts.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- • High school diploma or equivalent
- • Previous experience in a shipping and receiving role in manufacturing or production/inventory preferred
- •Working knowledge of Oracle material management systems preferred
- •Knowledge/experience in electro-mechanical assembly environment a plus
- • Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- • Knowledge of warehouse equipment and inventory management systems
- • Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- • Ability to lift and move heavy objects up to 40 pounds
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.