Shipyard Laborers and Powertoolersseattle, Washington
$20.00 - $22.00
PeopleReady is looking for powertoolers to join our team! We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and experience in moving, securing, installing, building, loading, or unloading materials. Specialized tasks may require on-the job training.
A powertooler working on a ship is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and fabrication of ship components using various power tools. They are typically part of the ship’s engineering department and work under the supervision of the ship’s chief engineer or a designated supervisor
The job responsibilities of a powertooler on a ship may include:
- Conducting regular maintenance and repairs on ship machinery and equipment using power tools such as grinders, drills, saws, and welding equipment.
- Fabricating and installing new components or repairing damaged ones using blueprints, technical manuals, and precise measurements.
- Inspecting and testing equipment to ensure it meets safety and performance standards and making recommendations for repairs or replacements as needed.
- Keeping detailed records of all maintenance and repair work performed, including documenting any problems or issues encountered during the process.
- Maintaining a safe working environment by following all safety procedures and regulations and reporting any potential hazards to supervisors.
- Assisting with other engineering tasks as needed, including cleaning, painting, and general upkeep of the ship's machinery spaces.
Qualifications & Experience
- Completion of an apprenticeship program or technical training in welding, metal fabrication, or similar trades preferred.
- Experience working with power tools and machinery in a marine or industrial setting.
- Knowledge of ship systems, including propulsion, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Physical strength and stamina to perform tasks requiring heavy lifting, climbing, and standing for extended periods.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with supervisors and fellow crew members.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and challenging environment with the potential for long hours and physically demanding work.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.