PeopleReady is hiring for skilled powertoolers to work on naval vessels at NOB, BAE, and MHI. This position will require overtime and weekend work. Ability for direct hire with shipyard contractor is available for outstanding employees.
- Prepares wood, fiberglass, and metal surfaces for painting, and paints parts, equipment, interiors, and exteriors of ships, boats, and shipyard and marina buildings, using brushes, spray guns, and rollers: Mixes solvents according to formula, and immerses parts in solution or washes surfaces to remove grease, rust, scale, and dirt.
- Burns off old paint, using blowtorch.
- Fills cracks and holes with patching plaster, putty, or plastic wood.
- Washes and treats surfaces with oil, turpentine, and other preparations.
- Brushes and rubs filler material into grained wood to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Sands surfaces between coats and polishes final coat to specified finish
Qualifications & Experience
- Reliability is required.
- Must be able to work 50- 60 hours per work when necessary.
- Verifiable work history
- Available and open to work 6:00 - 4:30 shift
- Must be able to obtain access to government yard - IE proper identification.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Shipyard PowertoolerNorfolk, Virginia
Marine ElectricianNorfolk, Virginia
Marine PipefitterNorfolk, Virginia
Production SchedulerNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Painter SSPCNORFOLK, Virginia
Rigger HelperNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine Pipe WelderNorfolk, Virginia
Painter and PowertoolerNorfolk, Virginia
Outside MachinistNorfolk, Virginia
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.