NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia
$38.00 - $45.00
PeopleReady is hiring Welders for work in Newport News, Virginia! In this long-term role, you’ll enjoy weekly pay, health insurance, and a flexible work schedule. Interested? Apply today!
Please call 757-230-2866 to speak with a recruiter today!
Skilled Trades Recruiter: Laura Rawls
Responsible for performing various welding tasks to join, fabricate, and repair the structural components of ships, ensuring their structural integrity and safety. This role requires a high level of skill, precision, and adherence to safety protocols, as well as the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding) and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
2. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
3. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
4. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
5. Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
6. Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges
Qualifications & Experience
- MUST HAVE SHIPYARD EXPERIENCE
- MUST PASS HAIR FOLLICLE TEST
- MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK
- All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of productive work. These tests will be in accordance with MIL-STD-248D Paragraph 5.3.3 and the following:
- A. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding) process.
- B. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process.
- C. Horizontal (2G) position GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) process.
- D. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding) process.
- E. Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test.
- The Welding School will administer the following tests:
- 1. All Welding Qualification Tests in “A” (6 hours), “B” (12 hours), “C” (4 hours) above.
- 2. Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 hours).
- 3. Welders Vision Test (5 minutes).
- 4. Air Carbon Arc Gouging Proficiency Test (1 hour)
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.