Glendale Heights, Illinois
$25.00 - $33.00
As a Skilled Journeyman Electrician with People Ready Skilled Trades, you’ll support a large network of electrical contractors in Chicago, Illinois and surrounding suburbs. In these short-term projects and roles, you’ll earn $25-$35 an hour, enjoy weekly pay, health insurance benefits and a flexible work schedule.
Whether you’re new to the trades or a seasoned pro, come take charge of your career with PeopleReady Skilled Trades. Interested? Apply today!
Hours: day shifts, hours will vary depending on project
Review blueprints and building code specifications to determine work details and procedures
Measure, cut and bend wire and conduit using measuring instruments and hand tools
Maintain tools, vehicles and equipment and keep parts and supplies in order
Perform semiskilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment
Follow state and local building regulations based on the National Electrical Code
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience on commercial or residential construction sites
- OSHA-10 Certification (we offer complimentary training if needed)
- Ability to efficiently bend pipe
- Ability to stand, bend, kneel and walk for extended periods throughout the day with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Open to day or night shifts
- Position may require a drug screen
- Possess required tools of the trade for electrical work
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.