Temp to Perm
$22.00 - $26.00
Are you looking for immediate work and that makes a positive impact for your country? Are you the type of person who loves diversity in your work day? We are now hiring for Skilled ShipyardLaborers with a real passion for working with their hands to work at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Laborers can be found on almost all sites, performing a wide range of tasks from very easy to hazardous. Many of the jobs they perform are physically strenuous and may require special training or experience. Other jobs require little skill and can be learned quickly.
The job duties of a Marine Laborer vary, sometimes even day-to-day at the same site. They may include cleaning and preparing a jobsite, loading and delivering materials; using different tools and machines, such as blowtorches; driving forklifts; reading levels; operating lifts; and manning power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment. Laborers set up and take down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures. They help other trades as well.
Laborers and helpers work in all trades at the shipyards, and the demand for these workers should mirror the level of overall activity. We would love to add more Skilled Laborers like you.
- Moving, securing, installing, building, loading, or unloading materials
- Firewatch - ensuring no fire hazards are present
- Assisting in the building or construction of various things
- Some specialized tasks may require on-the job training
- Effectively using heavy and light equipment, depending on the jobsite/assignment
- Moving items from place to place, according to direction from the site supervisor
- Moving dirt or other material as directed in plans or by supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- • There is no minimal educational requirement, but specialized training can help laborers advance
- • Experience on ships or in shipyards preferred but not required
- • Verifiable work history that shows professional skills and experience
- • Strong work ethic
- • Some assignment have additional screening requirements, such as background checks and/or drug tests
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.