$13.00 - $16.00
Are you looking for immediate work and that makes a positive impact for your country? Are you the type of person who loves diversity in your work day? We are now hiring for skilled brush and roll painters and powertoolers with a real passion for working with their hands to work at multiple yards in Hampton Roads Area. Painters and powertoolers can be found on almost all sites, performing a wide range of tasks from very easy to hazardous. Many of the jobs they perform are physically strenuous and may require special training or experience. Other jobs require little skill and can be learned quickly.
The job duties can vary, sometimes even day-to-day at the same site. They may include cleaning and preparing a jobsite, using different tools and machines, such as blowtorches; reading levels; mixing paint; and manning power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment. Painters and powertoolers set up and take down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures. They help other trades as well.
Laborers and helpers work in all trades at the shipyards, and the demand for these workers should mirror the level of overall activity. We would love to add more Skilled Laborers like you.
- Prepares wood, fiberglass, and metal surfaces for painting, and paints parts, equipment, interiors, and exteriors of ships, boats, and shipyard and marina buildings, using brushes, spray guns, and rollers: Mixes solvents according to formula, and immerses parts in solution or washes surfaces to remove grease, rust, scale, and dirt.
- Burns off old paint, using blowtorch.
- Fills cracks and holes with patching plaster, putty, or plastic wood.
- Washes and treats surfaces with oil, turpentine, and other preparations.
- Brushes and rubs filler material into grained wood to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Mixes and matches colors of paint, varnish, stain, shellac, and calcimine.
- Operates spray painting equipment or brushes or rolls paint on surfaces.
- Sands surfaces between coats and polishes final coat to specified finish.
Qualifications & Experience
- • There is no minimal educational requirement, but specialized training can help laborers advance
- • Experience on ships or in shipyards preferred but not required
- • Verifiable work history that shows professional skills and experience
- • Strong work ethic
- • Some assignment have additional screening requirements, such as background checks and/or drug tests
Other Jobs in Your Area
Marine Painter SSPCNORFOLK, Virginia
Rigger HelperNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine Pipe WelderNorfolk, Virginia
Production SchedulerNorfolk, Virginia
Painter and PowertoolerNorfolk, Virginia
Outside MachinistNorfolk, Virginia
Marine ElectricianNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Structural WelderNORFOLK, Virginia
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.