LOS BANOS, California
Solar Field – Tech
Provide onsite response regarding the proper operation of solar facilities, including preventive and corrective maintenance services. Knowledgeable in electrical or mechanical, a strong background in service repair is preferred.
Solar Technicians maintain solar power systems so they work at their highest capacity at our clients’ jobsites. This can mean working with a passive system, such as heat from a window, or an active system, like the traditional solar panels. This associate will be collecting and analyzing data to estimate the power/effectiveness of the solar systems.
• Knowledgeable in electrical or mechanical, a strong background in service & repair is preferred.
• Recognize hazards related to the work and the ability to mitigate them with use of PPE, tooling, equipment and procedure.
• Preferred the ability to read basic schematics and technical data.
• Perform testing/troubleshooting of solar equipment and systems with guidance from supervisor
• Communicate with customers, sales staff, or marketing staff to determine customer needs.
• Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs or upgrades.
• Design, build, or operate equipment configuration prototypes, including network hardware, software, servers, or server operation systems.
• Determine specific network hardware or software requirements such as platforms, interfaces, bandwidths, or routine schemes.
• Develop and implement solutions for network problems.
• Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, by recording and analyzing test data.
• Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in conformance with specifications.
• Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
• Understand and practice safety regulations and work procedures.
• Perform testing/troubleshooting of solar equipment and systems with guidance from supervisor.
• Perform preventative maintenance and repair with little to no guidance on electrical systems or solar equipment/systems.
Qualifications & Experience
- • Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- • Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- • Basic knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
- • Effective written and oral communication.
- • Excellent organization skills.
- • Experience leading a small team and prioritizing work tasks.
- • Convey, receive, process, and retain technical information in a short period of time.
- • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet established service level agreements.
- • Motivated, self-starter with the desire and capacity to learn from simple to complex networking tasks.
- • Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
- • Demonstrated the ability to recognize hazards related to the work and the ability to mitigate them with use of PPE, tooling, equipment and procedure.
- • Demonstrated the ability to effectively Lock Out- Tag Out energized systems.
- • Demonstrated use of electrical testing and troubleshooting equipment.
- • Preferred the ability to read basic schematics and technical data.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.