Statesville, North Carolina
$14.00 - $25.00
Either HVAC Installer, HVAC Mechanic, HVAC Specialist, Service Technician, Systems Mechanic, HVAC Sheet Metal Installer, Journeyman Sheet Metal Worker, Sheet Metal Installer, Sheet Metal Mechanic, Sheet Metal Worker
Install or repair heating, central air conditioning, HVAC, or refrigeration systems, including oil burners, hot-air furnaces, and heating stoves. Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment, such as ducts, control boxes, drainpipes, and furnace casings. Work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer; operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts; or inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces. Includes sheet metal duct installers who install prefabricated sheet metal ducts used for heating, air conditioning, or other purposes.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring.
- Discuss heating or cooling system malfunctions with users to isolate problems or to verify that repairs corrected malfunctions.
- Install, connect, or adjust thermostats, humidistats, or timers.
- Convert blueprints into shop drawings to be followed in the construction or assembly of sheet metal products.
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, such as roofing panels, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, or rulers.
- Fasten seams or joints together with welds, bolts, cement, rivets, solder, caulks, metal drive clips, or bonds to assemble components into products or to repair sheet metal items.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, or smooth surfaces, seams, or joints of assembled parts, using hand tools or portable power tools.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in residential or commercial HVAC work preferred
- Reliable transportation to and from jobsites
- Basic math skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- OSHA 10 preferred – PeopleReady will help provide your OSHA training
- Able to lift 50 pounds in order to load and unload metal and other materials as well as carry needed tools to and from the jobsite
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.