Temp to Perm
$22.00 - $29.00
As Steel Erector with PeopleReady Skilled Trades, you’ll support self performing general contractor on a high profile new construction project in Huntsville, AL. In this long-term, temp-to-hire role, you’ll earn $22 -$29 an hour, enjoy weekly pay, health insurance benefits and a flexible work schedule.
Read and interpret detailed blueprints, schematics, and construction drawings.
Select, measure, and cut metal components according to specifications using various tools such as saws, shears, and cutting torches.
Assemble and install metal building components.
Ensure alignment and structural integrity of the building.
Hours: 4X10's, Monday-Thursday, 6am-5pm, 40+ hours
Qualifications & Experience
- Be at least 18+ years of age
- Aerial Lift, Boom Lift Certification or a willingness to obtain it
- Previous experience in metal building assembly, welding, or related construction fields.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints and construction drawings.
- Knowledge of various metal types, their properties, and appropriate welding methods.
- Ability to accurately measure and cut metal components to precise specifications.
- Attention to detail and quality with a focus on delivering high-quality workmanship.
- Physical strength and stamina to handle heavy metal components and work in physically demanding conditions.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and the ability to follow safety guidelines and protocols.
- Ability to stand, bend, kneel and walk for extended periods throughout the day
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Prior experience in the commercial field required
- Prior experience using Hand tools, Power tools required
- Position may require a drug screen
- Position requires badge to access the Redstone Arsenal
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.