$23.00 - $30.00
Have you been wondering about how you can put your metallurgy knowledge to practical use? Or looking for an outlet for your passion of melting metals? PeopleReady is looking for Journeyman Welders to lend their highly sought-after skills to our clients. As a Journeyman Welder, you will lead Apprentice Welders by using hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand-soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components. You’ll pick the materials to join or cut and arrange them in an appropriate configuration before following a specific design or blueprint to build the desired product. Sometimes a welder has to perform specific melting methods on materials like lead bars to complete a project. Welders are also in charge of making structural repairs and ensuring the integrity of the welding equipment. They also smooth and polish the metal surfaces once welded together. As this position annually generates more demand than supply, we can say without a hitch that we need your talents. Are you ready to lend them to us?
- Unloading and bringing materials to the jobsite
- Setting up welding leads and grounds
- Using one or more specific welding methods
- Studying blueprints or project specifications in addition to calculating the dimensions of the parts being welded
- Measuring and cutting weld material to desired lengths with a torch or electric saw
- Inspecting grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments
- Resolving required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Laying out, positioning, and securing parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
Qualifications & Experience
- Two years of experience in welding and certification in one or more welding processes – submerge arc/diametric certification preferred
- Knowledge with measurements and takeoffs for pipe/structure components
- Verifiable references to confirm your professional skills and experience
- Strong work ethic
- Able to focus on details at all times
- Able to lift 50 pounds in order to load and unload materials as well as carry needed tools to and from the jobsite
- Able to work in varying inside and/or outside temperatures, which may include heat (temperatures above 100 degrees) or cold (temperatures below 32 degrees), in addition to fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, etc.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.