Temp to Perm
$17.00 - $25.00
Full Job Description:
We are looking for Apprentice & Journeyman Iron Workers (Structural Fitter/ Fitter Helper) to join our Louisiana team on a full-time basis. As our client base grows – so does our team and we are looking for highly motivated individuals with strong mechanical aptitude to connect with our clients!
Pay up to $24 per hour.
- Company events, promotions, & recognition programs
- Full Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Plans: (High/Low plans)
- Short-Term Disability (STD) Insurance
- Critical Illness (High/Low plans)
- Accident (High/Low plans)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Identity Theft Protection Plan - Now a payroll deducted benefit offering!
- Auto & Home Insurance
- Legal Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Cancer Detection Plan
- MeMD Telemedicine
Advancement Training: (no cost)
- OSHA 10 Construction Certification
- Lift & Fall Protection Certifications
- OSHA Basic Plus
- DISA Certification as needed
- 10-hour shifts | 6 days a week | Day shift
- Monday to Saturday
- Immediate Start
- Read & Interpret Blueprints & Drawings
- Construct Structural components, pieces, & connecting sections defined in building specks
- Fabricate, Install, & prepare for Site Installations
- Connect, erect, & modify components to the proper fit
- Ability to work both in shop & Field required for Journeyman fitters
Qualifications & Experience
- • Structural fitters work in a fabrication shop, fabricating metal pieces, and travel to job sites to erect and install structural metal.
- • Structural fitters are part of a larger team of manufacturers and construction workers and primarily report to the estimator, shop supervisor, or Jobsite foreman.
- • Weld metal pieces together using proper tools and safety equipment.
- • Measure all metal pieces to ensure they conform to needed specifications, often grinding and shaving metal to ensure it meets specific measurements.
- • Generally, there is no special education or training needed for structural fitters because they are often hired on an entry-level basis.
- • You will fabricate and construct structural metal items in a Fabrication shop
- • Structural fitters use their hands as well as various tools and equipment to create metal pieces to order and erect structures based on blueprints
- PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, Pipefitting, welding, HVAC, and more.
- If you’re a tradesman or tradeswoman looking for skilled trades job opportunities, look no further. Explore job openings across the country for skilled trades professions @ Skilled.PeopleReady.com.
- Let’s get to work!
- For all Louisiana Positions Please apply online
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.