Costa Mesa, California
$28.00 - $32.00
We are hiring for full-time and part-time Drywall Hangers, Tapers, and Finishers to join one of our clients. As a taper, hanger, finisher, you work on home construction and restoration projects.
Why work for us? We offer competitive pay, benefits and incentives.
Referral Bonuses see below!
• $100 for a helper
• $250 for an apprentice
• $500 for a journey level
- Reading design plans in order to provide minimal wallboard to avoid unnecessary waste of materials
- Measuring and marking cutting lines on framing, drywall, and trim using tape measure, straightedge, or square, and marking devices
- Identifying the exact locations of windows, electrical outlets, and plumbing, and then cutting the drywall or ceiling tile to fit the precise size needed
- Cutting drywall to the right size, using utility knives and power saws
- Fastening drywall panels to interior wall studs, using nails or screws
- Installing metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Filling joints, holes, and cracks with compound, using a trowel and broad knife
- Trimming and smoothing rough edges so boards join evenly without visual defect
•Mixing mortar and plaster to desired consistency
•Cleaning and preparing surfaces for applications of plaster, cement, stucco, or similar materials, such as by drywall taping.
•Protecting structures or surfaces near work areas to avoid damage.
•Applying coats of plaster or stucco to walls, ceilings, or partitions of buildings, using trowels, brushes, or spray guns.
•Installing guide wires on exterior surfaces of buildings to indicate thickness of plaster or stucco, and nail wire mesh, lath, or similar materials to the outside surface to hold stucco in place.
•Applying decorative or textured finishes or coverings
Qualifications & Experience
- - 5 years of experience in residential or commercial preferred, as is mud and sanding applications experience
- - Basic math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- - Able to occasionally lift and move 50 pounds
- - Take pride in your strong work ethic, positive mindset, and desire to improve
- - References that verify your professional skills and experience
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.