Syracuse, New York
$20.00 - $24.00
We are looking to hire experienced Framing Carpenters in the Syracuse, NY area. As a Framing Carpenter, your core responsibilities will include using an array of tools to include; compressors, nailers, levels, hammers, squares, miter saws, and tables saws, to ensure that structures are exactly vertical or horizontal, constructing window and door frames as well as staircases and flooring, and installing temporary supports for structures as required. You should also be able to hang drywall over the completed framework.
To be successful as a framing carpenter, you should be able to interpret blueprints and have sound knowledge of building codes and safety regulations
- Accurately measure, cut, and shape lumber, wood, and other building materials.
- Attach building materials using screws, nuts, and bolts.
- Erect temporary structures such as scaffolds and hoists.
- Perform repairs on existing framework structures that are damaged or structurally unsound.
- Analyze blueprints and drawings to determine the structural dimensions of the framework to be constructed.
- Examine building materials to identify any defects.
- Perform cleanups of job sites by clearing away all carpentry debris and waste.
Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- OSHA 10.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- The ability to safely use hand and power tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.