$30.00 - $39.00
Could you envision a world without power? Would civilization be able to thrive in a society without those who are passionate about bringing power to the masses? PeopleReady is now hiring for experienced Journeyman Electricians to provide energy for our clients. Journeyman Electricians will install and repair electrical components on our residential or commercial jobsites supervising a team of apprentices or other laborers. Almost every building has an electrical power, communications, lighting, and control system that is installed during construction and maintained after that. The systems that power the lights, appliances, and equipment make people’s lives and jobs easier and more manageable.
Electricians generally focus on either construction or maintenance; you may do both. They usually start their work by reading blueprints – technical diagrams that show the locations of circuits, outlets, load centers, panel boards, and other equipment. After resolving where all the wires and components will go, electricians install and connect the wires to circuit breakers, transformers, outlets, or other components and systems, and then test their work using ammeters, ohmmeters, and voltmeters. Once all the tests are passed, you will make notes and records to ensure the integrity of the electrical systems that you helped implement. We would love to hire the perfect fit for this full-time position today.
- Measuring, cutting, and bending wire and conduit using measuring instruments and hand tools
- Maintaining tools, vehicles, and equipment and keeping parts and supplies in order
- Performing skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment
- Following state and local building regulations based on the National Electrical Code
- Planning layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Connecting wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Testing electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Inspecting electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Complete residential Main Panel Upgrades (MPU)
Qualifications & Experience
- -Minimum five years of experience on commercial and/or residential construction sites
- -In-depth knowledge of building codes and laws in your area
- -Perform tests and use the results to diagnose problems – for example, when an outlet is not working, using a multimeter to check the voltage, amperage, or resistance to resolve the appropriate course of action
- -Have all of the tools of your trade on hand and be able to bring them to your jobsite
- -References that will verify your professional skills and experience
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.