Temp to Perm
$25.00 - $29.00
Making structural repairs and ensuring the integrity of the welding equipment. Also smooth and polish the metal surfaces once welded together. As this position annually generates more demand than supply, we can say without a hitch that we need your talents. Are you ready to lend them to us?
- Using one or more specific welding methods
- Studying blueprints or project specifications in addition to calculating the dimensions of the parts being welded
- Measuring and cutting weld material to desired lengths with a torch or electric saw
- Inspecting grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments
- Resolving the required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Laying out, positioning, and securing parts and assemblies according to specifications, using a straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
- Coordinate with field labor crew for efficient installations
- Conserve resources whenever possible to ensure budgetary integrity and client satisfaction
- De-bur and grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture
Qualifications & Experience
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Drywall Workers (Hangers & Finishers)Tampa, Florida
Tig WelderTampa, Florida
Sheet Metal MechanicTampa, Florida
Commercial Electrician – TampaTampa, Florida
Skilled LaborerTampa, Florida
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.