$25.00 - $28.00
Do you love being engaged in many tasks in a versatile occupation? Are you passionate about the idea of building things with your own hands?
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is seeking well-qualified Mid level to Journeyman Carpenters for ongoing remodeling commercial projects. The right candidate will have a minimum of 4 years hands on experience in framing and remodeling, self-motivated, dependable and hardworking.
Apply and/or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Install foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Fit and install window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, plumb bob, and laser levels.
- Prepare or assist with layout using lasers, squares, chalk line, etc.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Cuts materials to specified measurements using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Build doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks.
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 4 years' experience in commercial and residential carpentry to include steel or metal studs.
- Must be reliable, punctual, and able to function at a high level as part of a team.
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans, and other specifications.
- Ability to use and care for hand and power tools of the trade.
- Possesses strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation; OSHA certified strongly preferred.
- Must be able to climb and work from a ladder or scaffold, bend, stoop, kneel, lift loads 50+ pounds.
- PeopleReady Skilled Trades complies with all federal, state and local laws. We strive to ensure that all employees are treated fairly, with dignity and respect, and that all employees are provided with a work environment that is free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.