$28.00 - $32.00
Position: Journeyman Carpenter
Location: Bend, Oregon
Pay Rate: $28-$32/ HR, DOE
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is seeking journeyman level carpenters around Bend, OR with experience in commercial new construction and remodels. The contractors we work with are seeking individuals with unique skills that can help deliver on the high end work they promise to their customers. If you are a hard worker, a problem solver with great manual skills and an experienced carpenter, we want to talk to you.
If you have any more questions about this position or PeopleReady Skilled Trades, please call our office at (503)692-4436 and ask for a recruiter.
- You will be responsible for following safe work practices
- Wood and metal framing
- Conduct, build, and repair structures and fixtures
- Prepare the layout and scope of work for the project
- Install metal and wood framing and roof truss components
- Working with hand tools and power tools
- Cut, fabricate and install frame work components
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, finishing interior and exterior trim, and other wooden fixtures
- Shape and cut material to specific measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws
- Assemble and fasten material to make frameworks and props, using hand tools
- Read and understand blueprints and schematics
- Maintain and ensure safe use of tools
- And other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Have over 5 years' experience with commercial carpentry.
- Must have knowledge of construction safety practices.
- Must have verifiable recent experience working as a carpenter.
- Must be familiar with framing and finish work.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from jobsites.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must have experience with commercial construction.
- Must be proficient with a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Must have proficiency in subjects from shop math, blue print reading, and working knowledge of the basic principles of physics.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.