$22.00 - $34.00
We provide both Commercial & Residential work to skilled apprentices and Journeyman Carpenters looking for long-term, short-term, and ongoing work in the Portland metro area. The ideal candidate should have an excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and takes pride in their work, is thorough and attentive to details; goes beyond the expectations.
- Assist with the installation and repair of doors, floors, windows, partitions, walls, drywall, building exteriors, foundations, ceilings, and roofs.
- Building and repairing cabinets, doors, finishing interior/exterior trim, and other wooden fixtures.
- Using hand and power tools to cut, assemble and install the framework.
- Interpret client requests and secure approval before commencing work.
- Read a tape measure in feet and inches, and perform basic math functions.
- Working during inclement weather could be exposed to extreme cold and heat, noise, and dust from construction operations depending upon the project site.
- Be confident in framing, measuring, trim work, and finish work.
Qualifications & Experience
- .• Must be 18 or older with a valid ID.
- • Must have 3 years of verifiable experience as a Carpenter.
- • Reliable transportation to and from work.
- • Must be efficient in methods and techniques used in carpentry.
- • Strong working knowledge of job site safety.
- • Strong scheduling and blueprint reading skills as well as knowledge of metal stud/wood framing, material management, metal doors, hardware install, drywall, trim, cabinets/countertops, suspended grid, tile install, etc.
- • Own all tools for the trade. A tool list will be provided.
- • Willingness to work overtime to deliver a project on time.
- • OSHA 10 preferred – PeopleReady will help provide your OSHA training.
- • Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds to load and unload wood and other materials as well as carry needed tools and materials to and from the job site.
- • PPE provided by PeopleReady Skilled Trades: Hard hat, gloves, safety glasses, ear protection, and masks.
- • Able to meet additional screening requirements when applicable.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.