Temp to Perm
$20.00 - $30.00
Are you looking for a long-term full-time career opportunity in residential construction? PeopleReady Skilled Trades client is seeking an experienced Journeyman Drywall finisher in Salem, Oregon. Our clients’ singular focus is on park model tiny homes, combining innovative materials and top-level designs to deliver the highest quality homes.
- Read design plans to provide minimal wallboard to avoid unnecessary waste of materials.
- Work with a team to provide quality, affordable, and comfortable housing to our valued customers.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on framing, drywall, and trim using a tape measure, straightedge, square, and marking tools.
- Identifying the exact location of windows, electrical outlets, and plumbing, and then cutting the drywall or ceiling tile to fit the precise size needed.
- Cutting drywall to the right size, using utility knives and power saws.
- Fastening drywall panels to interior wall studs using nails or screws.
- Installing metal corner beads to protect exterior corners.
- Filling joints, holes, and cracks with compound, using a trowel and broad knife.
- Trim and smooth rough edges of boards to join evenly without visual defects.
- Ability to mud, skim, smooth wall, skip trowel, tape, spray texture, patch, hang, and float drywall.
- Maintain safety practices at all times and maintain a clean work environment.
- Collaborate with other construction professionals.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- • Must be at least 18 years old with a valid ID.
- • At least 4 years of full-time experience in residential/commercial Drywall finish experience.
- • Have basic math skills: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly.
- • Excellent knowledge of current building codes compliant to pass inspections)
- • Professional, friendly, positive, strong work ethic, and customer-focused.
- • Capable of performing physical labor to include: Carrying, lifting, and moving equipment, materials, and tools up to 50-70 pounds.
- • Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods, fully squat, bend or kneel while wearing a tool belt.
- • Must own tools for the trade and work boots. PeopleReady Skilled Trades will provide PPE to you.
- • Must be able to provide verifiable work references to discuss your professional skills and experience.
- • Have reliable transportation to and from work. Have excellent attendance at all times.
- • Must be able to pass additional screenings if acceptable.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.