Temp to Perm
$38.00 - $45.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is seeking an Oregon Licensed Journeyman Electrician for a full-time position to work within the Portland Metro area. The ideal candidate would have a high level of passion, professionalism, and experience in residential work.
Journeyman Electrician Responsibilities Include:
- Measuring, cutting, and bending wire and conduit using measuring instruments and hand tools
- Maintaining tools, vehicles, and equipment and keeping parts and supplies in order
- Performing duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment
- Following state and local building regulations based on the National Electrical Code
- Could you envision a world without power? Would civilization be able to thrive in a society without those who are passionate about bringing power to the masses? PeopleReady is now hiring for experienced a Journeyman Electrician to provide energy for our clients.
- Journeyman Electricians will install and repair electrical components on our residential or commercial jobsites supervising a team of apprentices or other laborers.
- Almost every building has an electrical power, communications, lighting, and control system that is installed during construction and maintained after that. The systems that power the lights, appliances, and equipment make people's lives and jobs easier and more manageable.
- Electricians generally focus on either construction or maintenance; you may do both. They usually start their work by reading blueprints – technical diagrams that show the locations of circuits, outlets, load centers, panel boards, and other equipment. After resolving where all the wires and components will go, electricians install and connect the wires to circuit breakers, transformers, outlets, or other components and systems, and then test their work using ammeters, ohmmeters, and voltmeters. Once all the tests are passed, you will make notes and records to ensure the integrity of the electrical systems that you helped implement. We would love to hire the perfect fit for this full-time position today.
Qualifications & Experience
- • Minimum five years of experience in Residential and Emergency Electrical Services.
- • You must be a team player, have a positive attitude and give attention to detail.
- • Must have a current Oregon Journeyman Electrician License for the Journeyman Electrician position.
- • Must have a current Driver’s license.
- • Must pass additional employer screenings: including a background check, MVR, and drug screen.
- • Valid RIGHT TO WORK DOCUMENTS for Employment in the US.
- • In-depth knowledge of building codes and laws in your area.
- • Perform tests and use the results to diagnose problems. Troubleshooting.
- • Have all of the tools of your trade on hand and be able to bring them to your job site.
- • Install, maintain, modify, and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment
- • Remain in compliance with current National Electric Code..
- • Inspect and test components of electrical systems, including transformers, transfer switches and switch gears.
- • Complete work orders and record material utilized on jobs.
- • Run computer cables, connect computer jacks and plugs and test for adequate operation.
- • Utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects.
- • Survey electrical systems, circuits, and plans.
- Fantastic Benefits offered: Full-time work, medical/401k benefits, service truck, tools, etc.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.