$25.00 - $30.00
Do you like the feeling of having tremendous power at the tips of your fingers? Would you like to be part of an essential industry in the United States? PeopleReady is now hiring Heavy Equipment Operators who can bring a positive attitude and professional flair to the jobsite.
Operators operate heavy equipment, such as backhoes, loaders, graders, dozers, and excavators, used in the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, airports, gas and oil pipelines, tunnels, buildings, and other structures, as well as surface mining and quarrying activities. Some Operators choose to specialize in a certain type of equipment. Regardless of the type, we would love to talk more to you about this opportunity.
- Working outdoors in appropriate safety and protective equipment
- Operating a variety of heavy equipment safely via hand signals, radio communication and using occupant safety devices
- Performing pre-operational checks of equipment as well as basic maintenance on track or rubber tire undercarriage, buckets, and attachments; lubricating equipment components and attachments
- Completing and maintaining equipment log sheets and reports
- Performing site planning and setup by assessing jobsite conditions and identifying or selecting appropriate attachments for the work to be done
- Acquiring and using a knowledge of earthmoving fundamentals (soil characteristics, ground conditions, map reading) as well as relevant health and safety acts, municipal codes and bylaws, natural gas regulations, and the Highway Traffic Act
- Working cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers
- Continuously learning about new techniques/equipment in order to operate safely while maintaining productivity
Qualifications & Experience
- Possess a valid certification and minimum 2 years' experience with heavy construction equipment and trucks and/or three years performing maintenance on heavy equipment
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, diesel engines, electronics, electronics, and Department of Transportation regulations
- Valid driver’s license
- Tools of the trade and ability to bring them to the jobsite
- References to verify the professional skills and experience you bring to the team
- Able to occasionally lift and move more than 50 pounds and remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Some Heavy Equipment Operator assignments require additional screening, such as background checks or drug screens
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.