Temp to Perm
Position: Pipe Welder
Location: Albany, OR (servicing Portland to Roseburg)
Pay Rate: $30 + / HR, DOE
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is seeking experienced pipe welders around Albany, OR with experience in pipe welding. The contractors we work with are seeking individuals with unique skills that can help deliver on the high end work they promise to their customers. If you are an experienced pipe welder, possess team leader skills ASW certified and pay attention to detail, we want to talk to you.
If you have any more questions about this position or PeopleReady Skilled Trades, please call our office at (503)692-4436 and ask for a recruiter.
- You will be responsible for following safe work practices
- Enforcing company policies and procedures
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and schematics
- Determining the required tools, materials, and welding methods
- Assembling, installing, and repairing pipe components and systems according to specifications
- Inspecting materials, equipment, and tools
- Maintaining supplies, equipment, and tools
- Preparing working materials by clamping, cutting, or applying chemical solutions to piping
- Examining completed welds to ensure they are free of defects, smooth, and functional
- Observing safety regulations
- And other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have knowledge of construction safety practices.
- Must have verifiable recent experience as a pipe welder
- Must have an AWS certification.
- Must have working knowledge of AWS, ANSI, and ASME codes and standards.
- Must have knowledge and experience with welding equipment and processes.
- Must have ability to troubleshoot and strong attention to detail.
- Must have excellent technical skills and the ability to interpret schematics.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have physical dexterity.
- Must be able to pass a weld test.
- Must be available Monday through Friday, likely overtime.
- Must be willing to travel long distances for jobs (travel and per diem paid for by company).
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in harsh weather conditions.
- Must have strong work ethic and positive attitude.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.