$39.00 - $41.00
This is very responsible plumbing maintenance work involving the maintenance and repair of water supply and waste systems in residential units and public facilities at a condominium community. The general purpose of this position is to install and repair pipes and fixtures of water supply and drainage systems in accordance with codes, regulations, and safety specifications. This work requires that the employee have considerable knowledge, skill and ability in plumbing principles and trade practices.
· Assembles, installs, and repairs pipes, fittings and fixtures of water and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
· Investigates complaints, inspects sites, isolate leaks and determines work aids required and the sequence of installations.
· Cuts, bends, sweats, and assembles pipes using appropriate fittings, compounds, and solvents.
· Repairs and replaces burst pipes above and under slabs using a variety of methods for individual situations and units.
· Repairs, maintains, and replaces plumbing fixtures such as leaky faucets, plugged drains, defective valves, etc.
· Conducts winterization and de-winterization of units in a timely manner to prevent freeze-ups while residents are away.
· Maintains public swimming pools, including start-up and shut-down activity and boiler maintenance.
· Works in cooperation with site maintenance crews and other trades to minimize overlap in performing assignments.
· Oversees Plumber's Helper in performance of work. Observes and complies with safety precautions.
· Uses all tools, equipment, and materials responsibly and performs basic inspection and preventive maintenance prior to use.
· Responds to emergency calls after normal working hours.
· Participates in aiding during snow and ice removal operations including shoveling, plowing, and sanding as may be required.
· Performs related duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Occasionally, the employee is required to talk and listen. The employee will frequently lift or move up to twenty-five pounds and occasionally will lift or move up to sixty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Employee must be able to read and interpret documents such as plumbing codes and procedures manuals. This position requires the employee to be able to draft standard reports and communicate effectively in one-on-one situations. The employee must also be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.