$22.00 - $30.00
Are you looking for immediate work and that makes an immediate positive impact? Are you the type of person who loves diversity in your work day? We are now hiring for Skilled Laborers with a real passion for working with their hands to chip in at clients’ jobsites. Skilled Laborers can be found on almost all sites, performing a wide range of tasks from very easy to hazardous. They are at building, highway, and heavy construction sites; residential and commercial sites; tunnel and shaft excavations; and demolition sites. Many of the jobs they perform are physically strenuous and may require special training or experience. Other jobs require little skill and can be learned quickly.
The job duties of a Skilled Laborer vary, sometimes even day-to-day at the same site. They may include cleaning and preparing a jobsite, loading and delivering materials; using different tools and machines, such as blowtorches; driving forklifts; reading levels; operating lifts; and manning power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment. Laborers set up and take down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures. They help carpenters, masons, and other specialized tradesmen.
Skilled Laborers and helpers work in all fields of construction, commercial jobs, and other businesses, and the demand for these workers should mirror the level of overall activity. We would love to add more Skilled Laborers like you.
- Moving, securing, installing, building, loading, or unloading materials
- Assisting in the building or construction of various things
- Some specialized tasks
- Effectively using heavy and light equipment, depending on the jobsite/assignment
- Moving materials to the worksite and ensuring all tools, machinery, and other equipment are safely set up.
- Operating equipment like drills, pneumatic hammers, shovels, pikes, and other heavy machinery.
- Assisting with various electrical and plumbing installation procedures.
- Obeying health and safety codes, as well as the company's principles.
- Removing hazardous materials from sites.
- Spreading gravel, asphalt, and other materials over surfaces.
- Performing site and equipment inspections.
- May assist with door/window instalations
- May assist with Journeyman carpenters, electricians, plumbers, painters, drywallers etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- Driver's license recommended.
- Sound knowledge of construction and practical experience with tools.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills.
- A good understanding of safety procedures.
- Great hand, eye, and foot coordination.
- Willingness to learn and be flexible.
- Positive attitude and great interpersonal skills.
- Must have basic hand tools
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must have construction knowledge of most trades
- Handyman experience
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.