$0.00 - $100.00
Shift: Full-time, Days
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is looking for an experienced Commercial Construction Superintendent for a project in the Bay Area. This position can be responsible of overseeing work on a variety of projects including multi-unit housing, hospitals, commercial projects and more.
- Supervises and directs the entire construction field effort to ensure that the project is constructed in strict accordance with safety, building code, design, budget, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Optimize the profitability and reputation of the company through field planning, efficiency, and hard work without jeopardizing the quality, safety, or completion of the project.
- Poses the ability to anticipate and mitigate coordination, design, safety, and schedule issues ahead of any project impact, through the effective review of the project documents, effective long range planning, knowledge of manufacturer installation instructions, and safety/ building code requirements.
- The Superintendent utilizes problem solving abilities on a daily basis; coordinates with the Project Manager and other executives on all logistical aspects and communicates a strong sense of urgency for the project; assists in documenting daily project activities and meetings; must be thoroughly familiar with the requirements of the general contract and subcontracts in order to identify changes beyond the contractor’s scope of responsibilities, and enforces safety procedures.
- Write procedures, thorough subcontracts and purchase orders with detailed scope of work in collaboration with the Project Manager and using the approved subcontract form.
- Creates professional, accurate CPM schedules and regular updates with ability to lead and coordinate the project to aggressively meet or beat that schedule.
- Conduct and document weekly coordination meetings for all onsite work and procurement/deliveries.
- Effectively collaborate with project team and manage subordinates work efforts
Qualifications & Experience
- • Must be at least 18 years old
- • Must have at least 10 years previous construction experience as a Superintendent.
- • Must have previous experience in large scale commercial projects.
- • Previous experience working in a trade preferred.
- • Must have previous experience supervising others.
- • Must be able to demonstrate strong reading, math and record keeping skills.
- • Must be familiar with operating a computer, word processing, spreadsheet and other kinds of software.
- • Must have a reliable way to get to work on time.
- • Must demonstrate strong communication skills.
- • Candidates may be required to submit to pre-employment drug and background screening.
- Interested candidates must be able to provide an up-to-date resume to be considered for the position.
- Why work with PeopleReady Skilled Trades?
- • Get connected to a variety of projects and a huge network of contractors.
- • We offer reliable pay and flexible schedules.
- • Work with a team that is motivated to keep you busy.
- For more information about this position or PeopleReady Skilled Trades, please call 510-883-0682 or email email@example.com.
- PeopleReady is an E-Verify Employer,
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.