Temp to Perm
$20.00 - $25.00
As Heavy Equipment Excavator with PeopleReady Skilled Trades, you’ll support electrical contractors throughout Miami, FL. In this long-term, temp-to-hire role, you’ll earn $20.00-$25.00 an hour, enjoy weekly pay, health insurance benefits and a flexible work schedule. You can also earn up to a $1,500 bonus as part of our Respect the Craft tradesperson recognition program!
Whether you’re new to the trades or a seasoned pro, come take charge of your career with PeopleReady Skilled Trades. Interested? Apply today!
Hours: Monday - Friday 40+ hours
Operate various types and sizes of excavators to excavate and grade earth according to project specifications.
Safely and efficiently operate excavator controls to perform tasks such as digging, trenching, backfilling, and slope work.
Utilize specialized equipment and techniques for trenching operations.
Ensure trenches are dug to the required depth, width, and specifications.
Inspect trenches to identify potential hazards and address them promptly.
Use utility locating tools and equipment to identify the location of underground utilities.
Interpret utility maps and blueprints to accurately locate utilities.
Collaborate with utility companies and other professionals to verify utility locations and prevent accidents.
Qualifications & Experience
- Be at least 18+ years of age
- Proven experience operating excavators and trenching equipment.
- Knowledge of trenching techniques and safe excavation practices.
- Experience in utility locating and interpreting blueprints.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow precise instructions.
- Physical stamina and ability to work in various weather conditions.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Knowledge of and adherence to safety regulations and procedures.
- Ability to stand, bend, kneel and walk for extended periods throughout the day
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Prior experience in the commercial field required
- Prior experience using Excavator required
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.