$20.00 - $22.00
Seeking HVAC Maintenance Technician & General Maintenance Techs for Birmingham, AL
HVAC Maintenance Technician will be working in a hotel environment working with Maintenance & Repair of Air Handling units & Guest Fan Coil Units. Some assistance with General Maintenance may be required.
General Maintenance Techs will be assisting with Make Ready of Hotel Rooms with various Duties beyond HVAC including Painting Doors Touchup Baseboards, Grout or Caulk Bathtubs, Minor Plumbing repairs/ Replacement, or other make-ready tasks as required for each unit.
The project will be fast paced with documentation of work performed required
Project expected to at 2+ weeks
1 HVAC Maintenance Tech & 1 General Maintenance Tech Requested
An HVAC Technician is a maintenance professional responsible for repairing HVAC and other air quality systems. They’re typically responsible for keeping this equipment clean, fixed, and maintained for customers. HVAC Technicians work to locate any dangerous features on an HVAC system that could be harmful to the users’ health. They’ll also regularly clean, adjust and repair these systems, along with any warranty maintenance.
Many HVAC Technicians on duty are responsible for responding to emergency calls promptly and providing routine maintenance to help fix the HVAC system quickly for customers. They’ll take note of each time they perform HVAC maintenance and are responsible for logging it for their business records.
Typical Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Removing old systems
- Installing new systems
- Performing routine maintenance
- Training junior team members
- Communicating with clients and customers
- Ordering and maintaining equipment
- Meeting local HVAC codes
Make Ready Genera Maintenance tasks as needed in available rooms
Qualifications & Experience
- - Basic Computer Skills required for documentation
- - Excellent verbal and communication skills
- - Should be comfortable in dealing with customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- - Minimum 5+ years field experience
- - RETA 1 & 2 & Universal EPA certification a plus
- - Working knowledge of AHU's & FCU's
- - Must be able to climb ladders
- - Should be able to lift heavy items frequently
- - Valid driver’s license
- - Commercial refrigeration or hotel experience required
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.