Oak Park, Illinois
$24.00 - $27.00
HVAC Technicians are typically tasked with the proper installation of HVAC systems including sheet metal, drains, exhaust, gas and electric routing. Technicians are team leaders who successfully communicate with other trades to determine routing and best practices. The technician is responsible for tuning and starting AC and Furnace components. Trouble shooting and repairs are frequently required but are not the main component of the work day.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing heating and air conditioning systems.
- Including gas pipe, sheet metal, PVC, and electric
- Duct installation and routing
- Proper handling of refrigerants and system tuning/charging
- Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
- Coordinating construction with other trades.
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools
- Maintaining OSHA standards
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards
- Travel to homes and businesses on a daily basis as scheduled
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Determine customer needs and discuss all solution methods
- Repair damaged HVAC systems
- Keep records of customer appointments and payment transactions including invoices
- Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment and HVAC resources
Qualifications & Experience
- • Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- • 4+ year experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- • Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
- • Talented with HVAC specialty tools inc. sheet metal break, gauges, manometer, hand tools, pipe fitting, acetylene torch
- • Proficient in balancing new systems with HVAC protocols.
- • Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- • EPA 608 Certified
- • Valid driver’s license and vehicle to transport to sites.
- • Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- • OSHA 10 Hour certified (course can be provided)
- • High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.